Bromley Youth Music Trust
Bromley Youth Music Trust exists to help all young people in Bromley to develop their musical talents. It provides a high quality instrumental and vocal music education through individual and group tuition in schools as well as opportunities for performance in a wide range of settings.
- Funded by Bromley Council, BYMT teaches between 5000 and 6000 children every year to sing or to play an instrument.
- Its bands, choirs and orchestras have a national reputation for excellence.
- The most popular genre is western classical, but jazz, rock and pop are also taught.
- Peripatetic music teachers visit most schools in the Borough.
- Approximately 900 pupils regularly attend ensembles and perform in a variety of venues, including the Royal Albert Hall.
- There is a limited stock of instruments available for hire and a remission policy is operated for parents on certain benefits
You can find out more from your childs's school or contact the Trust.