Bromley sexual health services
Sexual health services
Sexual health is an important part of physical and mental health as well as your emotional and social wellbeing. It's important to take care of your sexual health and to talk about sex and relationships with your loved ones.
Find a service
Contraception clinics: find your nearest contraception clinic
Sexual health clinics: free and confidential sexual health and HIV service at the walk-in clinic at Beckenham Beacon
Chlamydia screening: free service for 16 to 24 year olds, providing at-home testing kits for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea
STI sceening: free service for over-16s, providing at-home testing kits for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
LGBTQ+ services: gender and sexuality are important aspects of your identity. METRO is a charity that provides local services and information
GP contraception services All GP practices provide a range of basic contraceptive methods but several practices provide Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) such as coils and implants or offer complex contraception support. Any resident of Bromley can be referred to an alternative practice if the desired service is not available at their own GP.
Information and advice
- Contraception choices: There are many types of contraception available, and there are pros and cons.
- Sex and relationships: advice and support about healthy sex and relationships.
- STIs: (sexually transmitted infections) there are many types of STIs that can show different symptoms for each person and for some, show no symptoms at all. So, if you are sexually active, a regular sexual health check-up is recommended
- NHS protect against STIs if you're 16-24, you're more at risk of getting an STI
- Teenage pregnancy advice for teenagers who have questions or need support around pregnancy..
- Termination and abortion the NHS provides care to those who face an unplanned pregnancy or a pregnancy they choose not to continue with.
- Come Correct (C-Card scheme): free condoms for 14 to 25 year olds across London.
- man2man: free condoms for men who have sex with men.
- wisDOM: free condoms for the local African and Afro-Caribbean community.
- Freedoms: If you don't qualify for any of these schemes, access condoms online from the NHS at a reduced rate.
Sexual health information and tools
- Sexual Health Bromley: further local information, advice and services.
- NHS sexual health advice: further information and advice regarding all aspects of sexual health.
- My contraception tool
- Sexual assault:The Havens specialist centres in London for those who have been raped or sexually assaulted.
- Drugs and alcohol:use of drugs and alcohol can lead to risky decisions regarding sexual health.
- One You campaign: a one-stop shop for personal health and wellbeing information and advice.
- How are you? quiz: a short questionnaire to provide personalised health tips.
- NHS Go app: an app designed for young people to access relevant health information and advice.
- Kooth: free safe and anonymous online support for young people