Carelink and assistive technology
Carelink and assistive technology allow people to live in their own homes with greater independence. They are sometimes known as Telecare. There are a wide range of alarms and assistive technology equipment available in order to get help, security and peace of mind 24 hours a day.
Carelink community alarm scheme
Our Carelink service, is a 24 hour lifeline alarm scheme that helps vulnerable people to remain safely in their own home by enabling them to summon help in an emergency.
Who can use the service
- vulnerable people at risk, who meet the eligibility criteria for adults.
- younger people with disabilities can also apply to have the service and should speak to their care manager or to an occupational therapist.
The service can be obtained on a private basis provided certain criteria are met. Customers will need to complete a declaration form to ensure they meet these criteria.
The service is intended for people who:
- are capable of understanding how to use the alarm
- maybe virtually housebound
- are at risk of collapse or falling where delay in receiving assistance could be dangerous
- may have suffered an emergency in the last 12 months
- live alone or with a spouse/carer who is unable to leave the house because of the risk to the person cared for
Alarms can also be provided on a short-term basis (up to 4 weeks) following hospital discharge or when carers are away on holiday. The minimum chargeable period is four weeks which covers the services administration costs.
Installation is easy. All that is needed is a modern telephone socket and a 3-pin mains electric power socket within 2.75 metres (9 feet) of each other.
At times the service will purchase specialized equipment for customers with special needs.
To find out if you are eligible for Carelink via social services, contact us to discuss an assessment of your needs.
If you are in hospital and need help now or when you go home contact the social services care managers based at the hospital
Tel: 020 8466 0046
Fax: 020 8313 4722
Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH