Alcohol and entertainments licensing guide
Alcohol and entertainments licence guide
We are responsible for licensing the sale and/or supply of alcohol in premises across the borough. We also grant premises licences, club premises certificates, temporary events notices and personal licences for the provision of regulated entertainment and late night refreshment.
We are responsible for the licensing of:
- club premises certificates
- temporary events, for limited duration events with a capacity of less than 500 persons.
- people (personal licences), relating to the supply of alcohol which enables holders to move more freely between premises where a premises licence is in force.
The Licensing Act covers licensable activities such as:
- retail sale of alcohol;
- supply of alcohol by a club;
- regulated entertainment (music, dance, films and plays, indoor sports, boxing and wrestling);
- sale of hot food and drink between 11pm and 5am.
We are also required to draw up a Statement of Licensing Policy