Sex shop and cinema licence

To run a sex shop, for example any premises selling sex toys, books or videos - you may need a licence from the local authority. To run a venue where explicit films are shown to members of the public, you also need a licence from the local authority.

However, you may apply to the local authority requesting them to waive the requirement of a licence.


Notes about sex entertainment venues and standard conditions.


The cost of an annual licence is £14,514 and an occasional licence is £1,452

Guidance notes

Sex shop and cinema licence guidance notes (EUGO)

Apply for a licence

Through our partnership with EUGO you can make and pay for your application online. When you make your application this way you only have to complete one set of forms and we will pass these on to all other responsible authorities for you.

By post

Eugo Logo



Tel: 020 8313 4218

Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH