Placing a banner, Christmas tree or lights over the road

You will need a licence to place anything temporary on or over the road - this includes banners, Christmas trees and festive lights.


Please note that we take applications only from registered charities and organisations who arrange events in partnership with us.

There are four high streets in the borough where you can place banners, etc:

  • Anerley
  • Beckenham
  • Bromley
  • Penge

A banner licence can be valid for up to three weeks.  Christmas trees and festive lights licences can be valid for up to six weeks.

You will need public liability insurance for the period of the licence, which must have a minimum limit of indemnity of £2 million, and should indemnify the London Borough of Bromley as well as the applicant.

Apply for a licence

Download and complete the application form  and return it to us.

Streetscene and greenspace

Tel: 0300 303 8658

Fax: 020 8313 4796

Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH