Temporary highway licences

Building materials

You will need a licence if you wish to store any building materials on the public highway.

If you wish to place the materials in a Pay-and-Display parking bay, permission from our parking section will also be required to suspend the bay for the duration of your licence. 

If any connected works involve a streetworks permit, a temporary highway licence is required only if the materials are to be placed outside of the agreed works area, please check before applying.


Complete our materials licence application form.

Please allow 2 working days for your application to be processed.


A materials licence costs £64.80 and is valid for a 2 week period.