Bromley Children Project
Children and Family Centres
Our Children and Family Centres are open and we are offering a range of bookable activities, although no drop-ins at present. The Bromley Children Project and partners continue to ensure that support, activities and services are made available to the local community.
Parenting hotline: for families in need of non-emergency general advice and guidance on 020 8461 7259 (Mon to Fri 9.30am – 4.30pm).
Parenting course information: for further information call 020 8461 7259 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media: for up-to-date information, announcements and much more please visit our social media pages.
Instagram The Bromley Children Project – Instagram
Children and Family Centres
If you have any questions about activities or visiting our centres, please call and a member of the team will be happy to assist:
Community Vision 020 8778 2970
Burnt Ash 020 8697 4503
Castlecombe 020 8857 1185
Biggin Hill 01959 571 694
Blenheim 01689 831 193
Cotmandene 020 8300 2548
Children and Family Centres offer a range of services to meet the needs of children under five and support their families. There are six children and family centres in Bromley and the services provided are designed around the needs of the surrounding area.
The centres are places where children can make friends and learn as they play. Parents and carers can access professional advice on health and family matters, learn about training and job opportunities or just socialise with other people. The types of activities and support that may be running at your local children and family centre are:
- Universal services such as baby clinics, developmental health checks, speech and language drop ins
- Targeted services including Acorn groups, counselling for adults and children, Domestic Violence programmes
- Family support and parenting from Family Support and Parenting Practitioners, Health Visitors, Midwives and young mum groups
- Information and advice on housing, childminding support and breastfeeding support
- A range of courses and drop in sessions for parents and their children aged from 0 to 5 years designed around child development, school readiness, health and wellbeing and acquiring new skills
- Quality play sessions and other additional provision for parents with children of primary school age.
The Children and Family Centres aim to offer a range of targeted services from professional organisations for courses and activities such as:
Debt and money management skills
Employment and job seeking skills
First aid training
Post natal courses
There are six centres;
- Biggin Hill Children and Family Centre
- Blenheim Children and Family Centre
- Burnt Ash Children and Family Centre
- Castlecombe Children and Family Centre
- Community Vision Children and Family Centre
- Cotmandene Children and Family Centre