Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for using playgrounds in Bromley’s parks and greenspaces
Playgrounds in parks, also including outdoor gyms, are open from Saturday 4 July 2020, in line with latest government guidance. Whilst there is guidance in our parks about how to use the park and play equipment, this detailed guidance has been compiled for parents, carers and guardians to support playground safely.
All playground visitors are encouraged to note and follow the guidance outlined.
- The play equipment is checked regularly for damage and wear and tear, but is not sanitised or disinfected.
- The play equipment is shared equipment, with use and the users own risk.
- Parents and carers should encourage children not to put their mouths on equipment and to avoid touching their faces
- To help support social distancing, parents or carers are asked to follow the limit of one adult per accompanying a child.
- Follow the current social distance guidelines when visiting, with parents and carers encouraging children to do the same. You must maintain social distancing from others unless they are from the same household.
- Some equipment can only be used by one child at a time while social distancing. Please ensure your family waits at a safe distance if the equipment is in use or return later to use the equipment.
- If the playground is busy, consider coming back at a later time. Talk to your children about this possibility before visiting.
- Visitors are encouraged to wash their hands, with hand sanitiser if needed, regularly and as a minimum before and after using the playground.
- The equipment should not be used if a member of the household has coronavirus symptoms, or if someone is self-isolating.
- Children should not use this equipment if they are clinically or extremely clinically vulnerable.
- If disposable masks, face coverings or gloves etc are worn, they should disposed by placing in a litter bin or taking home. Littering is not acceptable.
- Wash your hands when you get home for 20 seconds using soap and water.