Schools and colleges
Coronavirus Covid-19: School closures guidance -
The government announced on 18 March that all schools, early years settings and colleges should close with effect from the end of the school day on Friday 20 March until further notice. However schools and settings will continue to support children of key workers that are critical to Covid-19 efforts and vulnerable children.
Request for education provision due to Covid-19 closures
As far as possible, children should be cared for at home following the government’s decision to close schools and other settings. You should only apply if your normal school or setting cannot offer a place and one of the following applies:
- You are a key worker critical to Covid-19 efforts and there is no one else at your home that can safely look after your child. (NB We may ask for employer confirmation that applicants are key workers critical to Covid-19 efforts if this is not clear)
- Your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan and cannot safely be cared for at home
- Your child has a social worker
You can apply by completing the education provision form. We will do our best to accommodate your request, where possible.
The government also announced that the upcoming public examinations will not proceed, with further details to follow in due course.
Read more about the school closure guidance
Pages in: Schools and colleges
- Bullying in schools
- Complaints about school issues
- Education for children and young people with medical needs
- Free school meals
- Further and higher education colleges
- Post 16 education and training