Cycle maintenance course
This is a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) accredited course.
Do your gears jump? Do your brakes no longer stop you? We can help you to learn to fix these problems!
By keeping the group sizes small, you will work together with fully trained and qualified City & Guilds cycle mechanics to improve your knowledge of bike maintenance.
Our aim is to ensure that you will leave at the end of the course with the confidence to fix common problems on your bike. There is a practical element to the course, so be prepared to get your hands dirty.
- Diagnosing problems with your bike (‘M’ check)
- Tools of the trade
- Learning about tyre pressure and wheel sizes
- Removing and replacing your wheels correctly
- Fitting a new inner tube without causing a puncture
- On the road emergency repairs
- Brake and gear adjustment
- Replacing your brake blocks and setting them to achieve maximum wear and braking power
- Learning how to clean and lubricate brake and gear cables
Our courses are based at the 5th Scouts Hall, 157 Bromley Common, BR2 9RJ. (Next to Toby Carvery – The Crown). The courses start at 9am and finish at 3pm and are taking place on:
Saturday 29 February 2020 fully booked.
Saturday 28 March 2020 fully booked
The cost for the 1 day course with qualified City & Guilds cycle mechanics is £35 (per person). Minimum age is 18 years.
Book a place
To apply for a place, please complete the online form. To confirm your booking a payment link will be emailed to you. Only credit/debit cards are accepted and payments are non-refundable. We require 14 days’ notice if you need to re schedule.
Find out more about cycle safety checks