Coronavirus (COVID-19) - support for residents

Prime Minister's Statement to the House of Commons on roadmap for easing lockdown restrictions in England :22 February 2021

If you have symptoms of COVID-19 however mild, stay home and book a test.


If you have tested positive or recently come into contact with someone who has you should self-isolate at home .

Detailed guidelines of when and how you should isolate.

If you are not experiencing symptoms but have tested positive for COVID-19, you must self-isolate for at least 10 days, starting from the day the test was taken. If you develop symptoms during this isolation period, restart your 10-day isolation from the day you developed symptoms.

Test and trace support payment

If you are a worker on a low income and need to self-isolate but can't work from home, you can apply for a test and trace support payment

Getting support when self-isolating

Clinically extremely vulnerable residents

We continue to provide support to all our clinically extremely vulnerable residents who are unable to get the help they need themselves or through family and friends.

If you have received a letter from the government to tell you that, on medical grounds, you are considered clinically extremely vulnerable, please follow the government guidance.

Some residents have been advised to shield as they are clinically extremely vulnerable to coronavirus due to a range of individual characteristics and underlying health conditions that were identified by the government later in the pandemic. These assessments were made by an evidence-based risk prediction model called ‘QCovid’ that estimates risk of serious or fatal illness from coronavirus.

For more information about the way this risk was calculated, visit : Residents with queries about why they have been asked to shield should discuss this with their GP

You can register to get priority supermarket deliveries at

If you require support with completing the government online form please call 020 8313 4484, Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm

Local support for all who are self-isolating

Whether you are considered clinically vulnerable or not, local help and support is also available for you.

Any resident self-isolating because they have been instructed to do so by NHS Test and Trace or are doing so through choice, can be signposted to a range of support options through our local voluntary and community organisations.

To apply complete the assistance form or call the assistance line on 020 8313 4484

Complete assistance form

If you require support with completing the assistance form please call 020 8313 4484, Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm.


If you are self-isolating and need support to access food,

Personal care and independence

If you require support with personal care needs, please refer to the Adult Early Intervention Team on 020 8461 7777or for a care needs assessment.

If you require help to maintain your independence, you can receive further advice and support from Bromley Well which provides a range of services – 0300 330 9039 or email or visit

Our support and care services directory provides a guide to independent living, support and care services.

Emotional and physical health

Keeping well, both emotionally and physically, is especially important at this time.

Many people have experienced upheaval in their daily lives during the pandemic and may require support or advice on how to deal with stress, anxiety, and loneliness. If you need support for your own mental health, or have concerns about someone else’s emotional wellbeing see what support is available on our health pages.

Download a short guide to looking after your mental and physical health.

Other council services and contacts

If you require information or advice on any other council services, please see the relevant pages on our website or contact our customer service centre on 0300 303 8658

Our Covid-19 Update newsletter delivered door-to-door earlier in the year has more information on contacting council services.


Helping others and how you can get involved.

Our volunteering programme and advice for volunteers

Register to volunteer

Coronavirus scams advice

Are you worried about coronavirus scams? If you or someone you know has been involved in a scam visit our rogue trader and scams page.

COVID-19 assistance helpline

Week day office hours

Tel: 020 8313 4484