SEND bladder and bowel continence services

Bladder and bowel continence services 0 – 18yrs 

The Bromley community paediatrician service a targeted service offers advice to families, children and young people 0 -18 years about bladder, bowel and continence issues. Referrals for continence wear can be made through your GP or school nursing team to the children’s community nursing team

Support and advice are also available from an occupational therapist who can advise about special toileting equipment or a physiotherapist who can advise about moving, handling and positioning.

Bladder and bowel continence services adults 18+

The bladder and bowel service is for anyone who is suffering with or has concerns about a continence problem.  You can contact this free, confidential service for advice, assessment and treatment.

Anyone can use this service, but you must be registered with a Bromley GP. You can self refer to a clinic by telephone, or you might like to have a conversation with your doctor (GP), nurse or social carer, who can contact the service on your behalf for a referral.

Useful resources

Bowel and Bladder UK, part of Disabled Living. information and resources for all adults, children and young people with bladder and bowel issues and for their families and carers, as well as the professionals who support them. (l

Changing Places Toilets Accessible toileting facilities for those with disabilities.

Need more help?

The information, advice and support service (IASS) provides confidential and impartial advice and information to support parents or carers and children and young people who have, or may have, special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) aged 0 – 25.



Information, advice and support service


Tel: 020 8461 7630


6th Floor, Central Library, High Street, Bromley, BR1 1EX