Operating a food business - Frequently asked questions
How do I import food into the UK from the EU and non EU countries?
For information about how to go about importing food into the UK from EU and Non EU countries, please see the links to the Food Standards Agency (FSA) and the Department of Environment Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) websites below.
- Importing/exporting food (FSA website)
- Guidance on importing and exporting live animals or animal products (DEFRA website)
- Guidance for individual travellers bringing food or other products with a plant or animal origin into the UK for personal use, or receiving such products by post (DEFRA website)
- Personal Import Rules - food database (DEFRA website)
- Bringing food animals into the UK (DEFRA website)
- Bringing food plants into the UK (DEFRA website)