Reporting noise problems

Out of hours noise service

We provide a noise service outside office hours for responding to 'emergency' noise problems relating to:

The service is not for dealing with noise complaints which are already being investigated, or which can be reported during office hours for investigation

Telephone 0300 303 8671

What we will do

  • You will be connected to the out-of-hours call centre who will record the details of the complaint. You will need to provide your name, address and contact telephone number along with the details of the complaint including the address where the nuisance is occurring.
  • Anonymous complaints will not be accepted.
  • If the matter is deemed to be one which needs to be dealt with immediately, the details will be passed to the emergency duty noise officer. The noise officer will call you back to ascertain the extent of the problem and will decide whether a site visit needs to be made. A visit to your property maybe required.
  • If your complaint is not deemed urgent you will be advised accordingly. Your complaint will be logged and referred to the Public Health Nuisance team for investigation the next working day.

Please be aware that the emergency duty noise officer will be responding from home so it may take some time to arrive at the site.

Party Patrol

This service is for large, noisy parties and not for ongoing noise complaints. The service operates from May to September inclusive from 10pm Saturday night until 4am Sunday morning only. 

Out of hours noise service

5:00pm - 3:00am Monday - Friday and 8:00am - 3:00am Weekends and Bank Holidays

Tel: 0300 303 8671

Public protection


Tel: 0300 303 8657

Fax: 020 8313 4450

Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH