Reporting incorrect parking

Dropped kerbs

The following are types of dropped kerb: 

  • A shared dropped kerb is one that is used by two or more residents or business users to enter/exit a driveway. 
  • A pedestrian dropped kerb is a section of kerb which has been lowered to make crossing the road easier for pedestrians, wheelchair users, etc.  
  • A residential dropped kerb is used by a resident to access their driveway.

What action can be taken?

A Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) can be issued to any vehicle parked in front of a shared or pedestrian dropped kerb. Enforcement of this type of dropped kerb is carried out routinely, although action can also be taken on receipt of a report of incorrect parking. 

A PCN can also be issued to a vehicle parked in front of a residential dropped kerb, but only on receipt of a report of incorrect parking from the person who resides at the address identified in the report. The report must include details of the parked vehicle, including make, colour and vehicle registration number. The image below shows the area that must be kept clear.

Arrangements will be made for a Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) on duty nearby to visit the location. A PCN will only be issued to the vehicle identified in the request if it is found to be parked in the area that must be kept clear and even if only part of it is overhanging. To arrange for a CEO to visit your address, you can report incorrect parking. Enforcement action in response to a report of incorrect parking will be as appropriate and as resources allow.

The image indicates area that must be kept clear.
picture shows

Registering your residential dropped kerb

Residents who are regularly inconvenienced by vehicles obstructing the dropped kerb/driveway outside their property can register their address giving authorisation for routine parking enforcement.  This will enable our officers to visit the address regularly and issue penalties to any vehicles parked in the area that should be kept clear.  It should be noted that once a residential dropped kerb has been registered, any vehicle parked across it may be issued with a PCN, even the vehicle is owned by the resident and/or their visitors. 

To register your dropped kerb, please complete the registration of dropped kerb form.