Parking permits and visitors vouchers

To apply for any type of parking permit, you will need to create a permit account through the Bromley permit portal.

We operate a number of permit parking schemes in the borough to allow parking within restricted zones or roads. Each scheme covers a carefully defined area which may be part of a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ).  

Permits may be available to businesses and residents depending upon location. Visitors' vouchers (scratch cards) may also be available to allow visitors to park in a designated permit zone on a specific day.

The council is required by law to protect the public funds it administers. It may share information provided to it with other bodies responsible for; auditing, or administering public funds, or where undertaking a public function, in order to prevent and detect fraud.



We no longer issues paper parking permits - instead approved applications result in electronic vehicle cover from the date specified. Civil Enforcement Officers on patrol can access details of the permit for verification purposes through their handheld computers. All other terms and conditions that apply to each permit type remain unchanged.

Visitors vouchers 

Visitor vouchers are not included in the e-permit scheme – paper vouchers continue to be issued and should be validated in the normal way by scratching off the correct day, date and month. The voucher must then be displayed on the dashboard of the vehicle, so that the details are visible from the outside.

The vouchers are valid for one day only and for use only in the zone applied for.

Apply for visitors vouchers

Apply, renew or check for your permit zone

When making your application, please ensure your vehicle registration is entered correctly and be careful not to mix up the letters ‘I’ and ‘O’ with the numbers ‘1’ and ‘0’. 

Apply and pay for permit/ visitors vouchers.

Change of vehicle

You can provide details of a change of your vehicle and if you are a residential permit holder, submit your V5C (vehicle registration document).  If you have not yet received the V5C, you can submit the bill of sale and we will arrange temporary cover in the meantime.  As soon as your V5C arrives, you can submit it the same way.

If you are a business permit holder, you need only to provide your new vehicle registration.  We will arrange for your new vehicle details and registration to be added to your permit account and covered from the date requested.

Request for temporary removal of a car park height barrier

If you need access to a car park where a height barrier is in place, we can arrange temporary removal of the height barrier. You can apply and pay through our online application service and you will be required to provide the reason for your request for removal of the height barrier and purpose for gaining access.  Details of the charges are as shown below.

Standard service

You should apply at least three working days in advance of the date you require removal of the height barrier.  The charge for this service is £150.

Urgent service

You can use this service to arrange removal of the height barrier within 48 hours.  Please note that an urgent request can only be processed between Monday and Friday and for a request made over the weekend, the 48 hours will commence from 9am Monday for completion by 9am Wednesday.  The charge for this service is £198.

Apply for removal of a car park height barrier