Household waste and recycling collections
Black box paper recycling collection
We collect your black box paper recycling every other week, which could include:
- Newspapers and magazines
- Catalogues and phone books
- Cardboard packaging and boxes (flattened or cut up to fit inside your recycling box, or left in a neat, manageable 2ftx3ft bundle next to it) also include boxes for pizza, cereal, eggs etc.
- Cardboard tubes (e.g. toilet rolls)
- Cards (e.g birthday, Christmas)
- Shredded paper – place in plastic carrier bag and leave untied
- Hardback books (we cannot recycle the cover - why not give them to charity?)
- Drink and milk cartons
- Tetra Paks (e.g. juice cartons)
I have too much paper for my black box, what should I do?
If you need another black box for your paper and card, please request one. You can use use plastic carrier bags, loosely tied, if you prefer but please don't use black bags instead of a black box, as we might mistake your recycling for rubbish.
My black box is kept outside, what happens if the paper gets wet?
All paper recycling is collected, however wet. Lids for boxes are unnecessary and no longer provided.
How can I stop my paper recycling blowing in the wind?
Covering the box is good practice, especially on windy days, and the easiest way of doing this is to put your green box on top of it. Or you might prefer to buy a net to cover the box and keep the contents contained. These are available to buy from libraries and cost £1.20 each. Nets are tied to the box handle to ensure they don't get lost.
Recycling and waste management
Tel: 0300 303 8658
Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH