Street parties and public events

If you would like to have a street party you need to ask the council for permission.  We will try wherever possible to give permission for a street party. We need to be contacted at least 12 weeks before your party date so that your application can be processed.

Charges may apply.

The Queen's Platinum Jubilee

In recognition that Her Majesty The Queen will become the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee in June 2022, indicating seventy years of service, road closure fees are being waived for residents planning a street party at this time.  Fees for road closures in association with street parties being planned between Thursday 2 June to Sunday 5 June 2022 will be waived. Please mention that your street party is for the Platinum Jubilee on your application. The application deadline for street parties celebrating the Platinum Jubilee taking place from the 2 to the 5 June 2022 will be Thursday 10 March 2022.

Find out more about applying for permission for a street party.

Special events

We can also close all or part of a road to facilitate a larger special event on or near the highway.  Events may include, Christmas lights, street markets, sporting events and Remembrance Day services. 

Find out more and apply for permission to close the road for a special event.

If you're planning to hold a public event which involves a large gathering of people, (of more than 5000 people).  Bromley Council coordinate a Safety Advisory Group (SAG) to help in the planning and coordination of large public events.

Notify us about your event