Coronavirus (COVID-19) – what you need to know
Published Thursday, 30 July 2020
Information during the current pandemic.
Visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest government advice.
Visit www.nhs.uk/coronavirus to book a Covid-19 test
In light of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) national emergency, we have adjusted a number of our services.
Our Civic Centre main reception is open by appointment only for council services that need a face-to-face meeting. If you have an issue that can only be resolved in person, please call to book an appointment through the Contact Centre helpline: 0208 464 3333. You will need to wear a face covering during your appointment.
Other receptions at the Civic Centre will remain closed until further notice, along with the Great Hall and the restaurant.
The website is available 24/7 and there are many services you can access online. Find out how you can contact us
- Adult care
- Births, deaths, weddings and civil partnership ceremonies
- Bromley Education Business Partnership
- Children and Family Centres (Bromley Children Project)
- Council tax
- Early years and childcare
- Housing advice
- Parks and open spaces
- Planning applications
- Procurement - guidance letter to providers
- Public health
- Schools and colleges
- Special educational needs and disabilities - SEND
- Report a business which remains open
- Waste and recycling services
We are keeping residents up to date with local service information at this difficult time with our online newsletter.
You can read the COVID-19 special edition of Update which is being distributed to residents across the borough in June.
Shielding advice and help for vulnerable adults
Including latest advice for those who have been shielding
Helping others and how you can get involved.
We recognise that these are exceptionally difficult times for businesses - please see our business advice and guidance pages
- Covid-19 government data dashboard
- Contact NHS Test and Trace to book a Covid-19 test www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119
- NHS test and trace: How it works (GOV.UK)
- Guidance on face coverings
- Public – latest updates (GOV.UK)
- Stay at home (self-isolation) guidance (GOV.UK)
- Professionals – latest updates (GOV.UK)
- NHS website for information on the virus and how to prevent it spreading
- Travel advice has been provided by the government, be sure to read this if you are planning any trips abroad in the near future.
- Follow Public Health England on Twitter for the latest advice, facts and figures as they are announced.
Mayor of Bromley - Councillor Hannah Gray
COVID-19 June update
Council news releases
Business grant application deadline looming - published 31 July 2020
Bromley launches Covid-19 Outbreak Control Plan - published 27 July 2020
A message from the Leader of the Council - published 18 June 2020
Highway measures to support social distancing during recovery - published 12 June 2020
Small businesses can apply for new Local Economy Business Grant - published 10 June 2020
Charter market in Bromley town re-opening - published 10 June 2020
Keep mind and body fit with Bromley Libraries in lockdown - published 27 May 2020
Councillor Diane Smith thanks Covid-19 volunteers - published 22 May 2020
COVID-19 business grant enquiries still welcome - published 20 May 2020
Bromley online library use soars as lockdown creates ‘Libraries Without Walls’ - published 12 May 2020
Temporary re-opening of green garden waste sites - published 4 May 2020
Churchfields and Waldo Road to reopen by appointment only - published 2 May 2020
Emergency coronavirus funding announced for Bromley voluntary sector - published 1 May 2020
Paper recycling collections on Saturday and public #StreetSmiles thanks - published 24 April 2020
Parks and greenspace visitors need to follow guidelines - published 9 April 2020
Bromley Council is asked to share COVID-19 expertise with other social care professionals - published 6 April 2020
Beware of Coronavirus scams - published 30 March 2020
COVID-19 statement from the Leader of Bromley Council - published 23 March 2020
Coronavirus Covid-19: School closures guidance - published 18 March 2020
Volunteering to help those facing self-isolation in the fight against Covid-19 - published 17 March 2020
Council keeping In Touch in terms of the latest COVID-19 advice - published 9 March 2020