The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) is investigating a number of cases of monkeypox in England.

The risk to the UK population is low. However, you should contact your GP or call 111 if you are experiencing a rash with blisters and either:

  • have been in close contact with someone who has monkeypox or has symptoms of monkeypox
  • have been to west or central Africa in the past 6 weeks

Make sure you tell the person you speak to if you've had close contact with someone who has or might have monkeypox, or if you've recently travelled to central or west Africa.

Find out more about monkeypox

Latest updates on monkeypox from the UKHSA

Published: 27th May 2022