Polling station changes
Published Friday, 30 April 2021
Voters are being asked to check their polling card prior to travelling to the polling station as a number of stations have changed recently as part of the Council’s response to the covid restrictions.
“We have made a number of relatively small changes to make sure that these elections are as safe as possible bearing in mind the coronavirus situation. When coming to vote, please remember to wear a face covering and ideally, bring your own pen, which will help minimise contact. Also, whilst most polling stations remain the same, a number have changed and whilst the polling station is displayed on the voting card, we are drawing this to the attention of residents so they check before travelling to their ‘usual polling station’” said a Council spokesperson.
On Thursday 6 May, polls open from 7am and close at 10pm for the Greater London Authority Elections and Crystal Palace ward by election. Voters are also being advised to:
- Check your Polling Station
- Remember to wear a face covering in the polling station unless they are exempt
- Take their own pen which will help to minimise contact
- Follow Social Distancing
- Note that hand sanitiser will be available
- Note that there may be slightly longer wait times to vote due to social distancing requirements
For media enquiries, please contact Susie Clark in Corporate Communications, on 020 8461 7911 or email email@example.com