Online forms: Child employment work permit application
You can use this form to submit a child employment work permit application.
This form must be completed by the employer within one week of employing the child. Before you complete the form, please ensure you have completed a health and safety risk assessment, have a photo of the child to upload, and have written parental consent to employ the child, including a declaration that the child is fit for work.
No child under 13 years of age may be employed and 13 year olds may only work in the categories listed below.
No child of any age may be employed:
- In a cinema, theatre, discotheque, dance hall or night club except in a performance given entirely by children or under a Child Performance licence
- To sell or deliver alcohol, except in sealed containers
- To deliver milk
- To deliver fuel oils
- In a commercial kitchen
- To collect or sort refuse
- In any work which is more than three metres above ground or floor level
- In employment involving harmful exposure to physical, biological or chemical agents
- To collect money or to sell or canvass door to door, except under the supervision of an adult
- In work involving exposure to adult material or in situations which are for this reason otherwise unsuitable for children
- In telephone sales
- In any slaughterhouse or in that part of any butcher’s shop or other premises connected with the killing of livestock, butchery or the preparation of carcasses or meat for sale
- As an attendant or assistant in a fairground or amusement arcade or in any other premises used for the purposes of public amusement by means of automatic machines, games of chance or skill or similar devices
- In the personal care of residents of any residential care home or nursing home unless under the supervision of an adult.
PERMITTED EMPLOYMENT OF CHILDREN AGED 13
A child aged 13 may not be employed except in light work in one or more of the following specified categories:
- Agricultural or horticultural work
- Delivery of newspapers, journals and other printed material
- Shop work including shelf stacking
- Hairdressing salons
- Office work
- Car washing by hand in a private residential setting In a café or restaurant
- In riding stables
- Domestic work in hotels and other establishments offering accommodation
Please only use the "Previous" and "Next" buttons, not your browser back button.
Use of your personal data
The London Borough of Bromley may use your personal data without your specific consent to provide you with one or more council services, and to comply with the council’s statutory and legal obligations. Information about how the council uses and protects personal data and about personal data rights is available at www.bromley.gov.uk/privacy