Online forms: Application for a council tax credit refund

You can request a refund if you have overpaid your Council Tax and your account is in credit.

This could happen if you have:

  • Overpaid
  • Moved out of Bromley
  • Been awarded a discount or an exemption
  • Been awarded council tax support
  • The Valuation Office have reduced the band of your property.

Refunds are usually paid direct into the bank account of the person or persons who’s name is on the Council Tax bill but in certain circumstances we can pay by cheque. If you pay by direct debit we will refund the bank account the payment comes from.

Further information on council tax