Application for a council tax discount for non-British spouses of students

If you are a spouse or dependent of a full-time student, you can apply for a discount if:

  • you are not a British citizen
  • you are prevented by immigration regulations from taking paid employment or claiming benefit.

To apply for the exemption please complete this form and send/e-mail us a copy of your passport showing a stamp preventing work or benefit claims, and the student's certificate.

More information on council tax discounts and exemptions.

Use of your personal data
The London Borough of Bromley may use your personal data without your specific consent to provide you with one or more council services, and to comply with the council’s statutory and legal obligations. Information about how the council uses and protects personal data and about personal data rights is available at