Application for a council tax discount for a member of a religious community

If you are a member of a religious community, for example if you are a monk or nun, you ay qualify for a Council Tax discount.

To qualify for a discount:

  • you must be a member of a religious community where the principal occupation is one or any combination of the following:
    the relief of suffering
  • each person must have no income, with the exception of any occupational pension due to former employment, or capital of his or her own
  • all persons must be dependent upon the community for their material needs.  

NOTE: Discounts will NOT apply if at least two people over 18 who live in the same property are counted for council tax purposes.

More information on council tax discounts and exemptions.

Use of your personal data
The London Borough of Bromley may use your personal data without your specific consent to provide you with one or more council services, and to comply with the council’s statutory and legal obligations. Information about how the council uses and protects personal data and about personal data rights is available at

Please only use the "Previous" and "Next" buttons, not your browser back button.