Disabled Person's Freedom Pass application

Information criteria and eligibility for a Freedom pass for people with disabilities

You will need to include copies of documents as proof of your name, age, address and benefit award.

You should allow 6 - 8 weeks for your application to be processed.

Please make sure you have the following information ready before completing this form. Attachments must not exceed more than 15MB in total.

You will need to provide a copy of one of the following as proof of your name and age:

  • current Freedom Pass
  • letter of pension entitlement
  • current passport
  • medical card
  • birth certificate (unless your name has changed)
  • current driving licence (paper or photocard) 
and a copy of one of the following as proof of your address:
  • current council tax bill/letter/payment book
  • current housing association rent book/statement/letter
  • current TV licence
  • residential utility bill excluding mobile phone bills (dated within the last three months)
  • residential personal bank or building society statement (dated within the last three months)
  • HM Revenues and Customs letter (dated within the last three months)
  • Department for Work and Pensions letter (dated within the last three months)
  • occupational pension letter (dated within the last three months)
  • private credit card statement (dated within the last three months)
  • consent to verify your address via electoral register or council tax.  

You will also need to attach or provide evidence of benefit award received.

In addition, you will need: 1 recent passport-sized photograph of yourself.  

Photos will need to meet DVLA standards. For further information on photograph standards please contact the Freedom Pass helpline: 0300 330 1433 (local call rate, open Monday - Sunday 8am to 8pm) or email info@freedompass.org


Please only use the "Previous" and "Next" buttons, not your browser back button.

Use of your personal data
The London Borough of Bromley may use your personal data without your specific consent to provide you with one or more council services, and to comply with the council’s statutory and legal obligations. Information about how the council uses and protects personal data and about personal data rights is available at www.bromley.gov.uk/privacy