Informing us about changes to your council tax, housing benefit, business rates or landlord accounts.
For council tax the easiest way to make a change is to go online and either register or login to your MyBromley Account where you can view your bill, register a change of address, apply for discount or exemption or set up or amend a direct debit.
If you having difficulty making payments and for all or other enquiries, please get in touch by completing our revenues and benefits contact form.
This a is a scheme is to help Bromley residents on low incomes to:
- Establish in the community following a stay in temporary accommodation provided by Bromley Council
- Establish in the community following a stay in hospital or similar settings
- Maintain a home in the community
- Settle in to accommodation when they are discharged from the council’s homeless duty
The scheme will cover applications for the following:
- Furniture – beds only
- Household equipment – cooker, fridge freezer
Awards are discretionary. The funding for the scheme is limited, so we may not be able to help everyone in need. There is no duty on the council to make an award and each application will be considered on its own merits.
We are unable to give awards for emergency payments or for replacement goods.
An application will only be considered where the applicant requires essential assistance to either remain or establish themselves in the community and satisfies ALL of the following criteria:
- Must be aged 16 or over.
- Must have been resident in the London Borough of Bromley for at least 6 months or have been housed as a result of a duty owed by Bromley Council.
- Must have lived in their current property for no more than 6 weeks at the time of application.
- Must not have additional income/savings that can be relied upon to meet the need to which they are presenting.
- Must not be excluded from applying for public funds on the basis of immigration status.
- Must not have applied for a BWF award in the past 12 months
- Must not have applied for items you have previously been awarded
- Must be without sufficient resources which would in turn cause serious risk to their own, or their family’s health or safety or well-being.
- Must not be eligible to receive or have received assistance for the requested funding or loans from other public funds.
- Must be in receipt of one of the following; Universal Credit, Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Carer’s Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Pension Credit, Personal Independence Payments, Housing Benefit
- Must not be requesting a replacement item
There is no guarantee that meeting these criteria will result in an award from the Bromley Welfare Fund as each application will be treated on their individual merits.
How to apply
Applications will only be accepted for Bromley residents by referral from one of the following:
- Support and Resettlement Officer
- Case Worker
- Care Manager
- Housing Officer
If your application is successful
We contact the person who referred you to the Welfare Fund.
Where possible you should receive any items awarded to you within 10 working days.
The provider of the items will contact you directly (or the person you have nominated) to arrange dates and times for delivery, it’s essential that all contact information is accurate and up to date. You need to make sure that you are available for delivery as items will not be held or redelivered.
Further help and advice
There are many different independent organisations that can help you if you are having financial problems.