The Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) 2004 are made under The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000. In effect, environmental information is exempt from the Act and is released or withheld under the Regulations. Environmental information covers information on:
- the state of the environment, such as air, water, soil, land, flora and fauna and diversity
- genetically modified organisms
- emissions and discharges, noise, energy, radiation, waste and other such substances
- measures and activities such as policies, plans and agreement;
- reports, cost benefits and economic analysis
- the state of human health and safety, contamination
Is the information already available?
A lot of information about the council and the way we carry out our business is already available on this website, also the council's publication scheme. To search for information, please use the A-Z or search box.