The National Careers Service is the publicly funded careers service for adults and young people (aged 13 or over) in England. The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance on learning, training, career choice, career development, job search and the labour market, delivered by qualified, impartial careers advisers. It can be accessed online, by telephone and face-to-face (for people aged 19 and over
How can the National Careers Service help me?
The National Careers Service offer includes support with:.
• Identifying key strengths and skills;
• Searching and applying for jobs;
• CV writing and completing application forms;
• Understanding the London job market;
• Interview techniques;
• Searching for courses and training schemes;
• Finding funding to support learning;
• Finding out about volunteering opportunities to develop work skills;
• Exploring career options;
• Choosing training routes;
• Developing a plan for career goals
As the National Careers Service is publicly funded, all of our services are offered free of charge.
How do I book an appointment in Bromley?
To book an appointment in Bromley, please call the National Careers Service London Contact Centre on 0203 714 8350.
For advice over the phone or in other languages, including Polish, French and Spanish, please call the National Careers Helpline on 0800 100 900 or visit the National Careers Service website at https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/.
Where can I have my appointment in Bromley?
You can book a face-to-face session, free of charge, at the following venues:
• London South East Colleges: Bromley Campus
• Bromley JCP
• Downham Library
• Orpington Library
• Bromley Library
• Mottingham Community & Learning Shop
• Bromley Adult Education College – Kentwood Centre
• Go Train – Bromley Centre
• Cotmandene Community Resource Centre
If you would prefer to have your careers advice session over the phone, you can request this at the point of booking. Telephone appointments are structured the same as face-to-face appointments, so you will still get the information and guidance you need, they are just held over the telephone. Customers who usually take up the option of having a telephone appointment include parents with children at home.