The Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding (EBSS AF) is providing support of £400 for energy bills for households in England, Scotland, and Wales without a direct relationship to a domestic electricity supplier. This support is provided by the government and is administered by local authorities. The scheme is now open to all eligible households across Great Britain until 31 May 2023.
Who can receive support
If applications meet the criteria people who will be able to receive support under EBSS AF include:
- care home residents and others in care facilities/sheltered accommodation (wholly or partly self-funded)
- park home residents, houseboats and caravans that can provide proof of address
- social and private tenants who pay for energy through a landlord on a commercial supply
- homes on a heat network/private wire
- off-grid homes
- farmhouses used for wholly domestic purposes
How to apply
You will need to complete a short online form on the GOV.UK website
If you do not have online access, you can apply via a contact centre on 08081753287 where a representative will guide you through the application process.
Once you have applied, your application will be processed and verified. After this if your application is successful, your details will be shared with local authorities, who will pay the one-off, non repayable support. The payment will be made directly into your bank account in a single instalment.