Social services support for people with HIV or AIDS

We work with local health services and other organisations to provide help and advice to  people of all ages, including children, affected by HIV or AIDS.

Who can get help

Residents of Bromley borough who are affected by HIV or AIDS, who meet our eligibility criteria for those seeking help from social services and who are assessed as being in need of such assistance by a care manager.


A specialist care manager for HIV/AIDS, is available to provide advice and information, assess client needs and arrange appropriate services such as respite care, support in the home, accommodation and daytime activities. The care manager works closely with health professionals in the HIV/AIDS field and a number of voluntary agencies in the Borough.


There is no charge for assessing client needs. You may however be required to contribute towards the cost of any services arranged for you.  The amount you will be asked to pay will depend on your financial circumstances. This will be fully discussed with you before arranging your care.