Any individual, business, organisation or authority may apply to the Traffic Authority to have a restriction imposed. In accordance with the Highways Act 1980, a temporary road closure permit must be obtained.   

The public road network is a vital infrastructure enabling the movement of people, vehicles and goods in order that they may go about their normal business.

However, for a wide variety of reasons this freedom of movement may need to be restricted for limited periods of time to enable other events to take place for the greater good.


  • Temporary traffic orders £190

  • Special events fee £564

  • Temporary traffic order (S14 RTRA) £1,680

Terms and conditions 

By submitting this application you acknowledge that you have read and accept our terms and conditions (PDF - 63.83 KB)


Traffic engineering

Address: Civic Centre, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Telephone: 020 8313 4543