Situated in High Elms Country Park, BEECHE is an education and visitor centre.
The centre offers environmental education to schools in term time and opens as a visitor and information centre on weekends and during school holidays.
The building is a single storey timber frame with a green sedum roof, straw bale walls and sun pipes to bring in natural sunlight to the classrooms.
- Visitor Centre (Lubbock Room): This contains a wide range of information about the park, local biodiversity and other countryside sites to visit in the local area including a variety of nature trails and self-guided walks. There is also a gift shop selling various items including gardening equipment, wildlife guides and toys.
- Environmental Education Service: The centre delivers educational programmes in a variety of disciplines and catering to a range of ages.
- Green Roof Café: This serves a range of hot and cold refreshments (including breakfast, lunch and afternoon teas) which where possible uses local and fair trade produce.
- Room bookings: The building has 2 large rooms that are available to hire by community groups and businesses. Set in beautiful surroundings, it is an ideal location for meetings, conferences, functions and corporate events. The centre can also be hired out for birthday parties.
- The centre also runs a variety of public activities, work experience and volunteering opportunities.
The BEECHE building itself is wheelchair accessible and includes
- accesible toilets
- four disabled parking spaces in the main public car park (High Elms Road)
- two disabled parking spaces adjacent to the BEECHE building (accessible off Shire Lane)
High Elms also has two ‘Trampers’ which are all-terrain wheelchairs designed for use over rough ground, mud and grass. These can be booked from the rangers office (general enquiries number) but are subject to staff availability.
There are also baby changing facilities available in both the public and BEECHE centre toilets.
For more information about BEECHE, current events and bookings please see the Bromley Parks website.
Countryside and parks serviceAddress:
Visitor Centre (High Elms)
Opening: Weekends - (throughout year) 11am to 4pm Weekdays - Closed during term time, Open 1:30pm to 4pm during school holidays on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Environmental Education Service (BEECHE Centre)
Opening hours: Throughout school term time for pre-booked visits.
Green Roof Cafe
Opening times Monday- Friday: 10am - 5pm. Saturday and Sunday: 9:30am - 5pmAddress: