Bromley Business Growth
Bromley Council has secured over £1.6m of direct funding locally, through the Government’s UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF).
Our UKSPF Supporting Local Business investment priority area is delivered through a number of programmes under our Bromley Business Growth initiative. The following business support programmes are offered free to Bromley businesses.
Growth Builder Programme
The Growth Builder programme is designed to build SME’s confidence and capacity, helping to establish a clear route to growth and sustainability.
The programme is being delivered by Goldsmiths, University of London and offers SMEs fully funded expert advice and guidance on:
- Digital Transformation: Revamp your online presence to gain new customers.
- Innovation: Explore and develop new products or services to stay ahead.
- Strategic Marketing: Craft compelling marketing strategies to boost your revenue
- Social Media Mastery: Leverage social media to widen your reach.
Supply Bromley Programme
The Supply Bromley programme is designed to help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), with a focus on under-represented businesses, become ready to supply to local or national buyers and anchor institutions.
The programme, delivered by Newable, aims to help SMEs gain new skills or knowledge in order to open up supply chain or procurement opportunities with new buyers, and access new markets. It also helps them understand public sector procurement through bespoke advice from expert business advisers, alongside the opportunity to meet new potential buyers at exclusive 'Meet the Buyer' events.
Start Up Bromley Programme
Start Up Bromley is a business support programme operating through Bromley libraries to help potential entrepreneurs, start-ups and more established businesses achieve their business goals. It also helps to develop the skills and confidence to start or grow businesses.
Start Up Bromley can support businesses and potential entrepreneurs through the provision of:
- training events
- networking opportunities
- mentoring and coaching
- opportunities to test business ideas and trade in retail spaces
- business one-to-one's
- access to digital and paper-based business resources
- and much more.
Additional funding through UKSPF has enabled Start-Up Bromley to support potential entrepreneurs or startups through an extensive programme of business support activities between now and the end of March 2025.
Bromley Business Hub Programme
The Bromley Business Hub is an invaluable tool for local businesses, helping them to advertise, recruit, learn, and network with other businesses in the local area.
The online enterprise hub acts as a one stop shop for businesses, offering information on a wide range of areas such as accountancy, marketing, procurement, sales and grant funding. Information is available in a wide range of formats, including audio and video.
Additionally, the Bromley Business Hub website provides:
- an extensive directory of businesses and sole traders in the borough, helping residents find and support local businesses.
- a comprehensive recruitment portal to help match businesses looking to grow with job seekers.
- an events calendar with activities throughout the year, allowing businesses to highlight upcoming events or important occasions to Bromley residents.
- the opportunity for businesses to publish free blogs to showcase and promote their services.