Local voluntary organisations for carers
There are a range of local organisations, who offer information advice and support and who can help you to take some time out from caring
Bromley Well brings together a variety of individual support services in a partnership of local organisations comprising Age UK Bromley and Greenwich, Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich Mind, Bromley Mencap and Citizens Advice Bromley.
Bromley Well provides free support to adults who are caring, unpaid, for others. Peer support and professional support is on hand to help. To find out more, visit www.bromleywell.org.uk
Some local voluntary organisations provide specialist services for carers of people with specific conditions - these may need to be paid for:
- Age Concern Bromley provides services for older people and a Support Planning and Brokerage Service which can help you finding good quality local services to help with your caring needs.
- Alzheimer's Society - Bromley provides services for people with dementia and support and training for their carers.
- Bromley Mindcare provides services for people with dementia, including day centres and care at home providing carers with respite breaks.
- The Stroke Association's family and carer support service provides a visiting service that gives practical information and emotional support to the families and carers of people who have had a stroke.
- Bromley Mencap provides services for people with learning disabilities and support for their carers.
- Bromley Mind provides services for people with mental ill health.