Social and communication needs - national support and networks

National Autistic Society

The UK’s leading charity for autistic people and their families. Their goal is to help transform lives, change attitudes, and create a society that works for autistic people.

For more information visit National Autistic Society (

Ambitious About Autism

The national charity for Autistic children and young people. They provide information, training, and support, run a range of high-quality services including the pioneering treehouse school, and campaign to make the ordinary possible for autistic children and young people. For more information visit  Ambitious about Autism

Autism Education Trust (AET)

AET offer an extensive library of free resources for education professionals, leaders, and parents on topics such as exclusion, good autism practice, positive relationships and a free guide for families and carers.

For more information visit Autism Education Trust


The NHS provides a wealth of information about SCD and autism including recognising the signs, getting a diagnosis and the support available to families.

Independent Provider of Special Education Advice (IPSEA)

Offers free and independent legally based information, advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). We also provide training on the SEND legal framework to parents and carers, professionals, and other organisations. For more information visit IPSEA or enquire by booking an appointment.

Autistic Girls Network

The network campaign for better recognition and diagnosis of autistic girls and to support them in finding their identity and feeling understood.

They sign post you to support networks, organisations and resources and provide a safe space to ask questions, raise concerns and share experiences in a private Facebook group.
Read their white paper, Autism, Girls and keeping it all inside.

Disability Living Allowance

Find out more to see if you may be eligible for Disability Living Allowance.