No matter how good a food business is there will be times when something goes wrong.

Our food team deal with complaints about food purchased in the London Borough of Bromley, food businesses in Bromley and food poisoning. The information in these pages is intended as a self-help guide for residents and local businesses to help you to understand the types of complaints we are able to deal with.

Common food problems

The guidance about common food problems will help both local residents and businesses to solve common issues that occur routinely in items of food.  This will help you identify issues which you should refer to a food safety officer or take up with the food business where you purchased the food.

Guide to common food problems

Making a complaint

You can find information about making a complaint about food you have purchased including food labelling and allergen issues, hygiene standards in a food premises and food poisoning, using the links below.

We can only investigate complaints about food hygiene and food standards in food businesses, food poisoning and problems with food purchased from businesses that are based in the London Borough of Bromley where there is a potential public health risk.

We cannot help you to obtain a refund or compensation as a result of a food complaint.

Bromley Trading Standards

Bromley Trading Standards deal with complaints about weights and measures in food premises.

You can contact Bromley Trading Standards through the Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 04 05 06 or at