What you need

Getting extra support early when you start to need more help to do things for yourself or to help you look after someone can have a significant impact on your health and lifestyle, and it can help you stay in your own home for longer. If you think you need social care support, you’ll need to think about what types of support you need – be it homecare workers, equipment or respite breaks.

Your first step to getting this sort of help should be to ask your local authority social services department for an assessment of your needs. This assessment will help you decide on the type of services you may want, as well as helping the local authority understand which services you need.

If you live in the London Borough of Bromley you should contact our Adult Social Care Services. Once you have contacted us we will carry out an assessment to decide if you need care and support to help you live your life as you want to. The assessment will be done by a trained professional, such as a social worker or occupational therapist, and it will aim to get a complete picture of you and your needs and goals.

Young people

If you are young person who is currently receiving support from our children's services, you can find out more about the transition to adult care and support

Find out more about

Care assessments

Contacting us about getting help.

Help with paying for care

Contact adult social care

Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Telephone: 020 8461 7777

Fax: 020 8464 7350