How to request a care assessment

If you feel that you are eligible for an assessment by or support from Bromley Council you need to contact us.

First point of contact

Our adult early intervention service is the main access point for people wanting to contact adult social care services either about themselves or someone else. They provide support to people over the age of 18 who are in need of community care services.

These include services for:

  • Older people
  • People with physical disabilities 
  • People with sensory disabilities
  • People with learning disabilities
  • People over 65 years with mental health issues
  • People who provide unpaid care to friends or family.
  • People supported by children’s social services who are approaching 18 years and may require support from adult social care services

Services provided by the adult early intervention service

The service can provide the following services at no charge.

  • Information, advice and guidance on a broad range of services in your community
  • An initial assessment to find out if you are eligible for support from adult social care services
  • Arrange for broken equipment to be fixed or replaced

Contacting us

Tell us about your care and support needs or the needs of someone you know. In order to work out what support is needed by you or someone you want to tell us about, we need to carry out an assessment. If you look after a relative or a friend who is over 18 you can also request a carer’s assessment. A financial assessment will then be completed to determine who should pay for any services you might need.

Adult social care initial information form

This will help us to understand you or the person you know before we carry out a full assessment.

 Complete the adult support assessment 

Once we have received your form, you will receive an email receipt.  A member of the adult early intervention service will contact you within five working days to confirm we have received your form, and identify any further questions we may have.

He or she may arrange a time for your assessment or the assessment of the person you have told us about. They may also direct you to information, advice and guidance that is available in the Bromley area which may help you or the person you are telling us about.

Alternatively you can contact us by telephone or email


As a professional you can use our referral form to refer to adult social care. Once your account has been created, it will save your details for any future referrals.

Make a referral to adult social care.

Contact adult social care

Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Telephone: 020 8461 7777

Fax: 020 8464 7350