Dangerous animals licence

If you intend to keep dangerous wild animals you need to apply for a licence. We can provide advice about the application process and relevant contact details are below.


Under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 certain animals and reptiles are listed as being dangerous and whilst purchase of these is possible, the individual purchaser requires a licence to keep them. If you are not sure whether an animal you wish to purchase falls into this category please see the gov.uk website.

Strict rules apply for the construction of the animal's accommodation and a veterinary officer's inspection will always be required.

Persons keeping animals on the list without a licence run the risk of prosecution and confiscation of the animal.  


 Schedule of animal activity licensing fees (PDF - 169.77 KB).  Cheques to be made payable to: LB Bromley 



Address: Public Protection, Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Telephone: 0208 313 4218