The Freedom Pass for older people gives free travel on most public transport in London 24 hours a day (after 9.30am on most National Rail services within the London area), including all day at weekends and on public holidays.

This pass may also be used to travel on local bus services in the rest of England under the terms of the Concessionary Bus Travel Act 2007.

Freedom Passes are funded by your local  council.

Who can apply

You can apply for a Freedom Pass pass if you meet the age criteria and your sole or principal residence is in the London Borough of Bromley. You can find out if you are eligible on the Freedom Pass website.

If you are aged 60 or over, but not yet eligible for the Freedom Pass, you can still get free travel in London by applying for a 60+ London Oyster Photocard.

How to apply

You can apply for the Older Persons Freedom Pass online at

More information about what documents you will need when you apply online can be found on the Freedom Pass website. 

If you need help applying online please visit your local library or Bromley Civic Centre.

If you are unable to apply online, you can pick up a paper application form, which you will need to complete and return in the post. Application forms can be picked up from your local Library or Bromley Civic Centre.

You will need to provide proof of your identity, proof of your address and one colour passport-sized photograph.

Details of the type of documents required.

Lost, stolen, damaged or faulty passes?

Visit the Freedom Pass website for information about how to replace your pass.

Freedom Pass holders who lose or damage their passes will be charged £10 for replacements.