If you would like to have a street party you need to ask the council for permission.  We will try wherever possible to give permission for a street party. We need to be contacted at least 12 weeks before your party date so that your application can be processed.

Charges may apply.

The Coronation of His Majesty The King

In recognition of the Coronation of His Majesty The King on Saturday 6 May 2023, road closure fees are being waived for residents planning a street party at this time. Fees for road closures in association with street parties being planned between Saturday 6 May to Monday 8 May 2023 will be waived. Please mention that your street party is for the Coronation on your application. The application deadline for street parties celebrating the Coronation taking place from the 6 to the 8 May will be Monday 13 February 2023Find out more about applying for permission for a street party.

Community groups in the London Borough of Bromley can apply for a grant of up to £500 towards their local celebrations.  

Special events

We can also close all or part of a road to facilitate a larger special event on or near the highway.  Events may include, Christmas lights, street markets, sporting events and Remembrance Day services. 

Find out more and apply for permission to close the road for a special event.

If you're planning to hold a public event which involves a large gathering of people, (of more than 5000 people).  Bromley Council coordinate a Safety Advisory Group (SAG) to help in the planning and coordination of large public events.

Notify us about your event