Concerned about the safety of an adult?

We can provide a range of services and advice to support vulnerable people and their carers.

What to do 

In an emergency

Contact the emergency services by dialling 999.If the abuse is a crime you should contact the police. We can assist you with this and, as a vulnerable person, you will get support during the police investigation.

If you need to contact a social worker outside of office hours please telephone 0300 303 8671.

During office hours

Call 020 8461 7777 

Report your concerns about an adult at risk.


As a professional you can report a safeguarding concern. Once your account has been created, it will save your details for any future referrals.

Report a safeguarding concern

What happens next

This will depend on the seriousness of the situation and what you would like to do about it. If you are in danger we will ensure that a care manager or health worker talks to you immediately to plan how to stop the abuse happening again.

Concerned about a care home or domiciliary agency

Please report your concern following the information above. You can also report the concern to the Care Quality Commission (CQC).

Out of hours emergencies only

5.00pm - 8.30am and weekends

Telephone: 0300 303 8671