We provide services that protect, care for and support the most vulnerable children and young people in the borough.

Who can get support

Most children and young people's needs will be met through universal services, for example by schools, youth services, GP surgeries as well as from support within the family.

A relatively very small number of children and young people require specialist support from children's safeguarding and social care. This will include children and young people who are suffering, or likely to suffer, significant harm and those whose development will be significantly impaired without the provision of services.

In Bromley we use the Bromley Threshold of Needs to identify the child’s level of need and to inform the multi-agency partnership what services would best meet these needs.

What to do

Together, we can tackle child abuse. If you think that a child or young person under the age of 18 years old is being abused or neglected, please contact us:

Make a referral via our portal at https://childrensportallcs.bromley.gov.uk/web/portal/pages/home and complete the relevant form. Alternatively contact us through the following contact methods:

Call children’s services (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm): 020 8461 7373 / 7379 

Out of hours/weekends/public holidays: 0300 303 8671

Email: Bromley Children and Families Hub (C&F Hub)  mash@bromley.gov.uk

If you are seriously concerned about a child's immediate safety, call 999 and ask for the police.

Information for people working with children

All the information for professionals working with children and families in Bromley is available on the Bromley Safeguarding Children board website.

Children's disability team

Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Telephone: 020 8313 4511

Out of hours emergencies only

5.00pm - 8.30am and weekends

Telephone: 0300 303 8671