The information, advice and support service (IASS) offers free, impartial information, advice and support in confidence for
- Children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities age 0 to 25.
- Parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
- Children and young people with SEND around transitions from pre-school to primary school, onto secondary school and college, etc.
- Helpline and email support (phone lines are open between 9.30am- 1pm and 2-4pm).
- Meetings in a local Children & Family Centre or in central Bromley.
- Independent Volunteer Supporter (IVS) assistance at meetings.
- Help communicating with professionals (letter writing, emails, phone calls).
- Support to achieve positive outcomes at meetings and reviews about you or your child.
- Help understanding reports by professionals.
- Advice on SEN systems, procedures and processes.
- Guidance on Education Health & Care Plans (EHCPs) and Transition Reviews.
- Mediation at all stages with schools and the Local Authority.
- Information on Health and Social Care policies and procedures.
- Support with the transition between each educational stage.
- Support and advice with Post 16 options.
- Support with SEND Tribunals.
- Signposting to other support services.
Information, advice and support service
Telephone line is open 9.30am-1pm and 2-4pmAddress: