Applying for a school place

You must apply for a secondary school place for your child to start year 7 at secondary school when your child is in year 6 at primary/junior school.

  • Applications for Year 7 places in September 2024 open on 1 September 2023.
  • The national closing date for applications is 31 October 2023.
  • The national offer date for on-time secondary applications is 1 March 2024.

If you are a Bromley resident, you need to make your application through London Borough of Bromley. You can name schools outside of Bromley on your application if you wish.

If your child is currently at an independent school or a school outside Bromley and wish to apply for a maintained secondary school, you must apply in the same way.

If you live outside of Bromley, you need to apply through the local authority where you live and can name Bromley schools on that application if you wish.

If you are looking to apply for a year 7 place in the school year starting September 2023 you need to complete a paper application from. To obtain a form, please email

If your child is already at secondary school, and you wish them to move to a different school you must apply as an in-year admission .

Making an application

Bromley strongly encourage families to apply online.

Please ensure that all required supporting documents are provided with your application to ensure that it can be processed without delay. Please see application terms and conditions for further information.

Bromley residents should apply online at

There are various pieces of useful information and guidance videos available on the eAdmissions website to help you.

Bromley Admissions process all school applications for London Borough of Bromley residents. You cannot apply direct to schools. If you live outside the London Borough of Bromley, you must apply via your home local authority/council and you can include Bromley schools on your application.

Further information

You can download the applying for a secondary school place 2024-25 booklet (PDF - 2.58 MB) for more information and advice.

Some schools may require you to complete an additional form called a Supplementary Information Form (SIF). These are clearly marked in the above booklet. SIFs are available from the relevant school and must be returned to the school by the closing date for applications. A SIF is not an application for a school place, and you must also apply for the school as detailed above.

If you have any questions regarding the secondary admissions process, please feel free to email us and we will be happy to help you.

Children with an Education, Health, and Care Plan (EHCP)

If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan, you must not apply through this admissions process. You will need to speak to your SEN caseworker at the council on 020 8313 4739 for advice on how to apply for secondary schools.

Admissions and transport (secondary admissions)

Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH

Telephone: 020 8313 4044