A range of supported housing schemes are available throughout the borough which aim to meet the different accommodation needs of people with mental health problems.

Who can apply

You will usually be considered for supported housing if you are a Bromley resident aged 16 years or above with mental health problems, meet the following criteria and would accept the help available.

  • You are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
  • You are on the housing register with a medical priority.
  • You are inappropriately placed in accommodation.
  • You are a Housing Association tenant.

Please note that there are some exclusions and conditions attached to eligibility for supported housing. More information about this can be obtained from the duty officer at Bromley Council's Support and Resettlement Team ( see Contact Details section below).


The supported housing schemes available are mostly provided by Housing Associations and range from shared housing to self contained flats.

The support provided at each scheme ranges from a support worker who is available for 40 hours each week, with on call facilities at night and at weekends; to a support worker who visits the scheme weekly.


There is no charge for advice, information or for an assessment of need from Bromley Social Services and Oxleas NHS Trust.

However depending on your financial circumstances you may be required to contribute to the cost of any services arranged for you by social services.

You will need to pay to live in accommodation provided through supported housing schemes although the amount you will have to contribute will depend on the type of accommodation and the benefits you receive.

Any costs will be fully discussed with you before arranging your care.

Next Steps

If you have mental health problems and feel you may need supported housing please contact the duty officer at Bromley Council's support and resettlement team for advice and information.

Alternatively you may be referred to this team by the community mental health team or by the housing options and assessments team if you are on a housing register with a medical priority.  

Following an application for housing, your needs will be assessed with the agencies who support you

Support and resettlement team

Address: Civic Centre
Stockwell Close

Telephone: 020 8313 4098

Fax: 020 8313 4400