If you’d like to help, one of the most effective things you can also do is to make a financial donation to one of the many charities supporting work in Ukraine, with some of these listed below.
- Disaster Emergency Committee has launched a Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal to support DEC charities and their local partners in Ukraine and in neighbouring countries to help provide food, water, shelter and medical assistance.
- British Red Cross is calling for donations to the Disaster Emergency Committee appeal in support of humanitarian aid charities. Currently, the Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), together with fellow Red Cross National Societies in border countries, are working to get vital help to those impacted by this crisis.
- International Committee of the Red Cross is working alongside its partners in the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement to save and protect the lives of victims of the conflict in Ukraine.
- With Ukraine Global Support Fund is a special fund to support Ukraine set up by the Embassy of Ukraine in the UK.
- British Ukrainian Aid supports people suffering from the war and humanitarian crisis in Ukraine by aligning UK and Ukrainian efforts. They offer assistance to vulnerable individuals who have been physically, mentally or socially disadvantaged, including the injured and wounded, orphaned children, the elderly, internally displaced persons and families who have lost their main earners.
- International Rescue Committee is raising funds to help provide medical care, emergency food and other critical aid to families affected by conflict. They are working with local partners in Poland and Ukraine, to quickly mobilise resources that will provide lifesaving support to people forced to flee their homes.
- Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain (AUGB) is working with accredited and registered Ukrainian charities to provide medicines, food and critical services to support the most vulnerable to overcome the consequences and trauma of war.
Whilst financial donations are in many ways preferred, some people may be looking to offer physical donations. The Ukrainian Institute are updating their list of collection points regularly, and giving the details of what is accepted at each of the collection points:
The White Eagle Club in Balham are coordinating the efforts on behalf of Red Cross (Poland). The address is 211 Balham High Road SW17 7BQ. See their Facebook page for their latest information https://www.facebook.com/kluborlabialego/
Message to Ukraine
In support of the people of Ukraine and on behalf of borough residents and the council, the Leader of Bromley Council has written to the Ambassador of Ukraine to share that the cause of Ukraine is in our hearts and prayers.