Youth workers run activities and offer support to all young people in the borough.
Aim of the Youth Service
The aim of the Youth Service is to enable all young people to:
- maximise their potential;
- respond critically and creatively to their everyday experiences;
- participate in enjoyable and challenging activities;
- extend horizons of interest within a safe and caring environment.
The Youth Service also provides specialist and legal support for pupils at risk of exclusion, young offenders a
nd drug users.
The youth services are delivered through partnerships with charities and local communities and are achieved through a range of strategies, including:
- detached youth work;
- one-to-one work;
- Prince's Trust programmes;
- International Youth Exchange;
- outdoor and adventure education;
- youth centres;
- arts and media;
- radio and recording projects;
- dance and music;
- specialist refugee projects;
- sexual health clinics and advice;
- drugs education, including alcohol awareness;
- Duke of Edinburgh award;
- projects for young people with additional and special needs;
- volunteering programmes;
- coffee bar.
To find out more about the work of the Youth Service or about employment opportunities please contact them.